Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hello, Summer!

It's summer. I'm busy.
WHAT?
Normally I just sit on my tush all summer, but this summer I have a Real Job.
Thankfully, it also comes with a Real Paycheck. Thank you, Jesus!

Speaking of Jesus, I need to read my Bible more often. Who wants to get on my tail about this? I am going to try to be proactive about it and set a daily time to be with God and only God. I talk to God all day, but I need to set apart some time just to spend reading my Bible and "be still and know that I am God".

Which brings me to a point. I feel really uncomfortable and strange just talking to God. Just saying what's on my mind. I think that God knows what I'm saying all the time- there isn't a time when I imagine that God isn't privy to what I think, say or do. So I feel weird JUST praying. It also is an incredibly intimate thing, to talk to the creator of the universe. It's a privilege that isn't lost on me.

Does anyone else feel this way? That praying, just praying, feels a little strange?

Grace and peace,

http://www.brookieblogs.blogspot.com

P.S. Next Sunday is Pentecost. Woot!
blog comments powered by Disqus