Saturday, November 28, 2009

That Thanksgiving...

this year was full of good things. Such as:
-screaming children
-happy children
-LITTLE COUSINS!
-baby nieces (and by baby I mean toddler. I feel so old!)
-family. Notice the theme? ^
-rest and relaxation. Although I got little this weekend. But that's okay, I don't have much school left until Christmas break and I can recover from my mental exhaustion then. I will have a HUGE "End-of-Greek" party. You are ALL invited.
-NO MORE PINK EYE! THANK YOU LORD JESUS ON HIGH! Those eye drops nicked it in the bud on the first day but it's nice to be able to wear contacts AND those eye drops would make a really bad taste in my mouth (something about them somehow leaking into my sinus cavity and draining? Nasty to experience and explain.)
-FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD! HOT SAUSAGE AND MUSTARD! (NAME THAT MUSICAL FOR BONUS POINTS!) haha. The food was great. As usual, mom griped about how much cooking she did because she wouldn't let me do most of it. I did make the fruit salad, all three of the pies (from scratch! No pre-made pie crusts for MY apple pie!), cut the veggies for the dressing, de-boned the chicken for similar purposes, and... that's it?
-FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT! Okay, so it has nothing to do with Thanksgiving. But it's still the FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT, FOOLS!

And, as always, Thanksgiving brought a brief respite from school. Now the cramming begins!

I wanted to close this out with a funny youtube video, but nothing came to mind. I'll think of one my family loves and post it later.

-Brookie

0 comments: