Wednesday, December 2, 2009

That Theology...

is a little to much for me right now.
Don't misunderstand me. I love God. I love talking about God. I love trying to find out the ins and outs of what's Biblically sound, what's sound doctrine and what isn't, but I have reached a point where I can't think about all of those differences anymore. I feel like I've found out that there are so many different points at which doctrine splits entirely, and indeed form two different faith systems. I don't know which is right. All I can rely on is God, that He will guide me along what is true and what isn't.
But now I've gotten so busy with school and friends (shock!) that I have neglected my relationship with God. Typical- neglect the One who delivered me safely thus far, who loves me unconditionally, and who made the ultimate sacrifice for me. The One whose heart hurts for me when I fall away from Him, who is hurt by my sin, whose heart aches for me when I ache.
That wasn't very loving me of, was it? And that's all that God requires of me.
Consider this my official notice of sabbatical. I am taking a break from any outside influence on my relationship between me and God. I am going to start rebuilding my relationship with my Abba, one step at a time. First step? Saying sorry.
Next step? Love.

I'll keep y'all updated. I know you're hanging on my every word (not!)

-Brookie

0 comments: