Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's beautiful

Today was the first time that I ever cried after a baby was born. With my niece, I was just excited that she was finally here. But with my friend A's baby, it was different. I was pumped that he was here, but more than that I was given a glimpse into what that family went through to finally hold their son. I knew that his arrival hadn't come without struggle and worry, and seeing him there was sweet blessed assurance. I didn't want to get my hopes up too high, but I had. Then I saw a picture of her holding her beautiful, precious, healthy son and I lost it. Tears poured down my face in the campus center as I praised God for such a beautiful creation. A smile lit up my face as I rejoiced with this family that they have this new bundle of joy to bring home. Now I'm full of awe, thinking about the awesome God that orchestrated the life of this child from the womb.
Psalm 139: 13-14
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.


Please join me in the celebration of new life. We have a new brother on this earth! This family has a son!


Psalm 92:4
I sing for joy at the works of Your hands.
http://www.brookieblogs.blogspot.com
blog comments powered by Disqus