Friday, January 15, 2010

Lame day!

A few days ago, my pain issues in my hands starting flaring up. I am not exactly sure what caused it, but it is definitely here and I don't know what to do. Medication rarely works unless I take the hard core stuff, which I don't want to do in school. I could try to get a brace to keep me from moving my hand/wrist so much. I have gone without the computer for days (Shock, I know!) to see if it was the typing position bothering me, but no relent. Playing piano hurts, writing with a pen hurts, typing hurts, using my ergonomic mouse hurts, twiddling my thumbs hurts. It's like my wrist is hooked up to its personal electric chair.

What are your thoughts on pain management? Any ideas?

As for me, I'm going to mope. If you go to school with me, a hug and a smile will make me feel worlds better!

I have to say, there's a good in this situation. My legs aren't killing me right now and my winter shoes are providing enough support for them that my twisted bone structure isn't aching. In summer, I wear shoes that aren't so supportive. In winter, although it's colder and makes my joints stiffer, the constant ache of summer is going away. It's enough to make me consider wearing tennis shoes year-round!

God's peace,
Brookie
blog comments powered by Disqus