Sunday, January 31, 2010

Livebogging the 2010 Grammy Awards!

This started out as a facebook status series but got out of hand. Here we go!

8:00
Lady Gaga AND Elton John are performing together right now on the Grammy Awards! I love them both, this is too cool!


8:10

"You know who I would like to see perform together? Adam Lambert and Any Sense of Self Restraint!" -Stephen Colbert

8:10
Happy now, Kanye?

8:31
Jennifer Lopez, it's nice to finally see you wearing REAL clothing.. and not rolling around on stage. I believe you've found your new niche!

8:20
Is Green Day performing with Scary Spice?

8:28
WTF, Beyonce? Crotch grabbing while wearing a leather bustier with a flared skirt, singing "If I Were a Boy?" Give "If I only Had a Brain" a try.

8:31
Don't even start singing Alanis Morissette, Beyonce. Do you have any idea what that song is about?

8:32
I get it. You'll mess up the lyrics, writhe around on the floor and then sing about how badly you've been treated by a man. It's hard to empathize with you right now. I mean, if you stopped marketing yourself as sex on a stick I'm sure the boys wouldn't treat you like a toy. Just sayin'.

8:40
Anyone else think that Pink was Princess Leia for a second?


8:47

I need another commercial break soon. I gotta go.

8:47
Congrats, Zak Brown Band for best new artist!

8:55
Fergie-Ferg brings back the visor! Oh yes.

8:58
I've got a feeling that this song has been played at every frat party in the civilized world since its release.

That said, it still gets me pumped and ready to party! Mazel tov!

8:59
Hey, Will I Am, you are flat without an autotuner. Sorry, man. I know it's a tough knock, but learn from Kanye!

9:07
Lady Antebellum

It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk and I need you now.
As the habitual designated driver, I can't tell you how many times I've heard this over the phone.
Although I realize that the point of this song is not the same as my plight.

9:11
Stephen Colbert
on winning the internet release award
I guess I should thank Jesus Christ for having such a great birthday.
Yes, Stephen. Yes you should!

9:23
Starts out opera, then we see the Yeti's tame cousin conducting the band, and then the non-Yeti turns out to be T-Pain! What next, Jaime Foxx? I'm impressed!

BUT WAIT
, THERE's EVEN MORE! Re-re-re-re-REMIX!
..is that more curvy lady supposed to be on the stage? That confused me.

9:25
Justin Beiber and Ke$ha... he's about a foot shorter and an octave higher than her, and that's unsettling coming from a boy who is trying to going to "tell you one time" that he'll make me "one less lonely girl".

9:46
Love me some TaySwift!

9:48
THIS IS AMAZING. LOVE THESE TWO ARTISTS, LOVE THIS SONG! I'll link when I can.
Taylor and Stevie Nicks are performing "Rhiannon"- amazing!

9:53
Did Lionel Richie seriously just tell me to don my 3-D glasses? I feel like I'm in Cinema 9 about to view the Pixar movie UP.

9:54
What about all of the energy you're wasting with these stage lights? Or the carbon footprint of this award show with the private jets, cars, and fan traffic? I bet that y'all didn't carpool on the way here.


10:01
Prince and Paris Jackson appear and give us a touching speach about their father. Let me interrupt with my rudeness and say THERE ARE NO MASKS OR SCARVES OVER THEIR FACES and WE'RE ACTUALLY HEARING THEM SPEAK. This is such a shock. But congrats, children of Micheal, because you handled it well. I know it must have been hard so soon as after your father's passing.

...we know that Michael had vitiligo, but he was still black. These children don't look mixed-race at all. Am I seriously misunderstanding their genetic heritage or am I the only one confused?


10:14
Nice choice, viewers! "Livin' On a Prayer" is just about everyone's theme song right now (not to mention a classic!) Brought to you by Bon Jovi and Jennifer Nettles

10:17
Was Lady Gaga Rhianna's stylist for the evening?

10:28
This is a beautiful song and a beautiful duet by Mary J. Blige and Andrea Bocelli!

10:39

Don't steal music. Got it.
Hey, how much of that money actually goes to the artist, buddy?

10:41
Dave Matthews Band! Yeah!

10:41
Gah, I'm getting tired and hungry, y'all.

10:46
Glad that Beyonce got the vocalist award of Katy Perry. Katy can sing, but doesn't. Happy, Kanye?


10:47

WHAT? MARRIED? WHAT? MARRIED? WHAT??? BEYONCE??? WHAT?

11:03
Apparently, Beyonce and Jay-Z have been married for around 2 years.
Brookie obviously doesn't follow celebrity news much!

11:05
It's time for this blogger to go to bed and end the liveblog, and just in time! I think that the Grammy Awards are just finishing up.

Grace and peace,
http://www.brookieblogs.blogspot.com
blog comments powered by Disqus